We were approached by our clients to create an interior design scheme for their family home in Fulham. As a young professional couple, recently married and expecting their first child they were looking for the house to reflect them and work with their busy lifestyles. They also wanted a home they could grow into as the family unit gets bigger. Budgets were clearly defined by the client early on which allowed us to make suitable design and specification choices from the outset.
- The existing property was a 4-bedroom family home with a traditional ground floor layout (separate reception room, living room and kitchen/dining).
- The spaces were dark and felt tight and the property had not been refurbished for 20-30years.
- During the early planning stages, we were able to create a light and bright open plan living space on the ground floor along with 5 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms.
- The house was fully rewired, new plumbing was installed, floors were levelled, and lighter finishes were chosen as part of the design.
- The clients were drawn to mid-century design and helped form the backbone of our design concepts.
- They were invested into getting the bones right and approved some statement joinery pieces though-out the house which not only helped create valuable storage solutions but allowed us to create a cohesive interior design scheme.
Key to Success:
- Open and clear communication on the client’s budget from the outset.
- Weekly site meetings with contactors and monthly site visits with clients.
- Fast decision making by the clients.